- If possible, keep exercise equipment in an “out of bounds” area or use a gate to block access.
- Keep the treadmill unplugged when not in use.
- Tie up any cords, including the emergency cord to prevent strangulation.
- Secure power cords and keep out of reach.
- Never let your child play on a treadmill. Your child could mistakenly see the equipment as his play toy.
- It best that you avoid using your treadmill and all exercise equipment in front of your child. Children like to imitate older children and adults and can quickly learn from them.
- Always remember that children are naturally curious and require adult supervision at all times.
Watch the WUSA News Treadmill Safety Story