If you have a trampoline, or choose to use one, remember safety first and always provide constant supervision. Better yet, ditch the trampoline and enroll your child in a gymnastics class where they can have a safe experience while learning proper techniques and safety rules.
So next time you venture out for some backyard bouncing, follow these safety tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commision:
- Limit the trampoline to children 6 or over and allow only one jumper at a time.
- Keep trampolines away from structures, trees, and other play areas.
- Stay on your feet! Somersaults and flips are a common cause of head and neck injuries.
- Use shock-absorbing pads that completely cover springs, hooks, and frame.
- Don't forget that a ladder near a trampoline provides your child easy, unsupervised access.
- Always supervise children who use a trampoline.
- Lastly, be safe and have fun!
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Consumer Reports on Safety